• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for January is scheduled to be released. The consensus is for a 1.8% increase in retail sales. Retail sales ex-gasoline were down 2.0% in December.
• At 9:15 AM, The Fed will release Industrial Production and Capacity Utilization for January. The consensus is for a 0.4% increase in Industrial Production, and for Capacity Utilization to increase to 76.7%.
• At 10:00 AM, The February NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 82, down from 83. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Minutes, Meeting of Jan. 25-26
On COVID (focus on hospitalizations and deaths):
COVID Metrics NowWeek
AgoGoal Percent fully Vaccinated64.5%—≥70.0%1 Fully Vaccinated (millions)214.1—≥2321 New Cases per Day3146,921244,558≤5,0002 Hospitalized380.185107,772≤3,0002 Deaths per Day32,2082,422≤502 1 Minimum to achieve “herd immunity” (estimated between 70% and 85%).
2my goals to stop daily posts,
37-day average for Cases, Currently Hospitalized, and Deaths
🚩 Increasing 7-day average week-over-week for Cases, Hospitalized, and Deaths
✅ Goal met.
Click on graph for larger image.
This graph shows the daily (columns) and 7-day average (line) of positive tests reported.